Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Cats of Istanbul

A light rain falls today, turning the otherwise vibrant streets a subdued set of pastels. I am unsure what our course of action will be for this situation.

Yesterday our group did some awesome things, such as visiting a strange, canyon-like mall, having the most sugary bread known to mortals, and going to a football game. But instead of describing all of that boring stuff, I shall dedicate this post to pictures of cats during my travels.

Biker cats. Badass.


We took refuge behind bars of iron in an attempt to evade the creature, but I suspected they would not be an adequate deterrent...


Day by day, the cat drained the tank, until at last the fish were within its grasp.


Neither cat is in that hat. I feel so disillusioned.


Dude, that cat is onto you. Watch out, pal.


The best way to fall asleep is through reading poetry on top of your book collection.


WHO IS MASTER NOW, PUNY HUMANS?


Given how many cats there are in this city, I am quite surprised so few dig through the trash.


A can of food, a jug of water, and sleeping off the hangover from last night.


Cat. Hey, cat. You're supposed to be beneath the umbrella. Not sitting on it staring creepily at me.



These are just three of about seven hanging out by the corner of a building between Beshiktash and Ortakoy. Cats are everywhere.

Perhaps these ones technically don't count.

Perhaps next time I'll actually update you on what's been going on. Or perhaps I'll devote another entry entirely to pictures of graffiti. Who can say?

-Hyde

3 comments:

  1. SO MANY CATS!! Gosh I can't even believe these aren't just google images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see at least seven cats a day, usually. Only a few of them are the same ones. If there is ever an uprise, Istanbul would fall quickly to the feline menace.

    ReplyDelete